Every Good Endeavor By Timothy Keller
Tim Keller, pastor of New York's Redeemer Presbyterian Church and "New York Times" bestselling author of The Reason for God as well as The Skeptical Student in the "Encounters with Jesus" eBook series, and many others, has taught and counseled students, young professionals, and senior leaders on the subject of work and calling for more than twenty years. Now he puts his insights into a book for readers everywhere, giving biblical perspectives on such pressing questions as:
- What is the purpose of work?
- How can I find meaning and serve customers in a cutthroat, bottom-line-oriented workplace?
- How can I use my skills in a vocation that has meaning and purpose?
- Can I stay true to my values and still advance in my field?
- How do I make the difficult choices that must be made in the course of a successful career?
With deep insight and often surprising advice, Keller shows readers that biblical wisdom is immensely relevant to our questions about our work.
This title recommended for Givington's by Andy Crouch, author of Culture Making. Andy says
"Work matters, and Tim Keller and Katherine Leary Alsdorf help us understand why. This book is a gift for anyone who wants their work to connect deeply to their faith. It's refreshingly honest about the perils of both success and failure, busyness and unemployment. It's a gift to the rapidly growing movement of Christian culture makers."
- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: Dutton Adult (November 13, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780525952701
- ISBN-13: 978-0525952701
- ASIN: 0525952705
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.1 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds